Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SOLUTION

I've come to a protective solution
for my entangled familiar situation
My hands will bury my face
Secrets will remain as cuts on my bitten tongue.
Whispers will linger in my thoughts
Finding no release
I will not allow them to confess into your ears
Revealing my flattering words
I will lose my own-self in my own confusion
Dropping crumbs to find my way back
I will not allow your personality to guide me
For it will swallow my helpful crumbs
Your hands will erase the path of my reinvented spirit
Trying not to create disruption
with my funny smile and playful eyes
I will cage my wild passion
In my famished heart
Depriving it from what it cannot love.
feeding it lies
Convincing it that your smile irritates
Contradicting my feelings with my bitter past
Remembering its lingering aftertaste
realizing how frightfully identical
It is all falling into place.
© Elizabeth Dominguez

No comments:

Post a Comment