Wednesday, July 22, 2009

HOURGLASS

Should I shed my tears,
for the quiet pause which my life is at?

Should I wet my cheeks,
as I look behind and realize
the empty twenty pages of my life?

Should I frown upon my character,
for standing still while time is moving forward?

Should I hold my breath,
While my thoughts are painting
The dreams of where I should already be?

Should I fill my heart with disappointment,
for not yet finding my soul that lives inside me?

Should I poke my eyes to look inside,
and follow my so-called inspiration?

IN ITS PLACE

I stand here in my hourglass,
Drowning in a lost identity.

Instead of standing on it,
Living the life,
That I’ve painted in my dreams

© Elizabeth Dominguez

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is amazing. You living in my head?? hehehe Love it!

    ReplyDelete