Wednesday, July 8, 2009

INVISIBLE

Did you not hear me
When I called out your name?
Should I have been louder?
For only the deaf man
Heard my loud scream.
Why did he hear me?
He does not love me.
Did you not feel me
When I tapped on your shoulder?
Was my tap much too weak?
For only the dead man
Felt my strong touch.
Why did he feel me?
He does not love me.
Did you not see my tears?
Were the drops a tad bit too small?
For only the blind man stopped
To ask me “what’s wrong”?
Why did he see me?
He does not love me.
Did you not see my fall?
Were you too weak to give me your hand?
For only the boy with no hands
Helped me back up.
Why did he help me?
He does not love me.
Why couldn't you hear me?
You told me you’d listen
Why didn’t you feel me?
At times you would hold me
Why didn’t you see me?
Sometimes you would smile
Why didn’t you help me?
You said you’d be there.
Why aren’t you here?
You told me loved me.
© Elizabeth Dominguez

No comments:

Post a Comment