Friday, November 28, 2014

I'd Like To Know

Id like to know...
Is it because you see yourself in the reflection of my eyes?
Is it because you hear yourself in the echo of my questions?
Is it because you feel free in the gap that I've allowed?
Is it because my hands are wet from your tears?
Do you wait for me only to feel yourself walking?
Do you look for me only to find yourself?
Do you touch me only to pay the toll to keep me coming back?
Do you smile because I can't stop mine from forming?
I'd like to think it's the color and shape of my eyes.
I'd like to think it's the sound and inflection of my voice
I'd like to think it's the strength of my independence
I'd like to think it's the gentleness of my heart.
I'd like to think it's my smile, laugh, and character.
I'd like to think it's all of me you're finding.
I'd like to think it's my warmth your wanting.
I'd like to hope you'll be the one that's asking.
I'd like to hope you'll be the one that's reaching.
I'd like to hope you'll find me after you've swallowed all of who you are
I'd like to hope you'll have an appetite and I am what it's craving.
For once I'd like to KNOW...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment