Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recurring Dream

Recurring dream
always beginning with music
lyrics that pull me in, trick me into believing
trusting that in this world of imagination
I am the most amazing, beautiful, and brilliant woman in the eyes of my narrator
inundated with compliments that slip into my ears and force me to shut my eyes
it is then when I lose my way and fall deeper into subconscious
trusting that this dream shares, longs, and understands my life outside this slumber
naively falling deeper into this sleep
loosing myself in stories that I've pulled from the dusty box of my memory
spilling secrets that hesitate on my bitter tongue
until my narrator coats it with his buttery attempt to empathize
it is then when I swallow my fears and allow his voice to guide me
take me to a place that I have always imagined
it is here where I fill my spirit, my heart, my soul with comfort and ease
bathe in the softness of his hands
stare into his eyes until the air has dried their moisture and I'm forced to blink
it is now that I'm afraid to wake and loose all that I am feeling
it is now that his face starts to lose focus
it is now that his words become less and begin to fade
it is now that I recognize my fear has coated this dream with black
my recurring dream is now a nightmare that I'm unable to escape
it is now that I acknowledge this nightmare as my life outside my slumber
and my sleep is when I'm released from this recurring nightmare.
©Elizabeth Zsamboki 2/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment