Thursday, February 24, 2011

Above the City

City lights lay below our feet
Some moving others simply glistening
Stars twinkling above our heads
The “falling” ones I can only wish were “listening”
The howling of animals quivered up my spine
Their cries so near
I can only believe were weeping from the sadness buried in my belly.
The yells from the local train echoes in a “questioning” distance
I quietly yearn to be amongst those of all aboard
Following its “tracks” that dissolve upon looking back.
The bitter cold night carried our testimonies on puffs of smoke that once developed in our hearts.
Tiny clouds of mist escaping through our lips
Violently leaving our spirits
“ Fading” into the night
Mixing into the darkness
No longer “dwelling” as secrets in our souls.
©Elizabeth Zsamboki

No comments:

Post a Comment