Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Gave



I gave you my hand, open-faced extended,
placed it softly on your chest.
You folded each individual finger into a closed fist,
returned it firmly and placed it lightly on my ribs.

I gave you my lips, passionately pressed,
on your bottom pouting kiss.
You blew them earnestly away without ingest.

I gave you my words.
Like rocks hitting sheets of armor,
they bounced off your cheeks profile.

I gave you my soul’s dreams, secrets, solved enigmas.
You danced around them with clever steps of avoidance,
swaying in confusion.

I gave you my heart…all of its passion, strength, and affection.
You returned it on a platter, pins and needles stitching notes of refusal and neglect.

I gave you my back, with all of its frost and demise of what could have been.
Footprints lead away in blundering position.

I gave you my life
You gave me regret.

© Elizabeth Zsamboki   

No comments:

Post a Comment