Friday, October 29, 2010

Some Time Ago

Your words retraced the scratch you carved on my heart…some time ago
Revealing my unfortunate job of stitching the gash you loved repeating… some time ago
I felt the sting from the wound underneath my shirt
Believing it had healed into a scratch…some time ago
your voice, your face, your touch picked at the scab that developed…some time ago
I felt the burn from the abrasion underneath my shirt
Blood flowing as old memories, feelings, and fears
Draining my strength to cover your mouth and not allow them to replay.
recur the pain that left me crying on the floor in a pool of my own pain…some time ago
realization has submerged from underneath the blur of my tears…seconds ago
resurrecting a truth I'd buried, masked, lost within the stitching…some time ago
revealing self inflictions for tempting you to repeat
bittersweet candor glistened in the air.
I filled my lungs as though depriving them of breath ever since…some time ago.
the power to stop replaying, retracing, and holding, exploded through my fingertips
Finally…allowing me…after some time …to let go as I did…some time ago.
© Elizabeth Zsamboki

No comments:

Post a Comment